Sunday, February 12, 2006

Cabo Travel Log, 2/12/2006, 5:30pm PST

(Writing in Chili's at LAX).

Wanted to jot down last impressions while they're still fresh.

Rose around 9am, packed, checked out, then ventrued to the Playa del Amor ("Lover's Beach"), right next to land's end, and reachable only by water taxi. My taxi took a brief sightseeing trip around the cape. I got to wave at my old scuba instructors, Fausto and Mario, as we passed then, and I snapped some good photos of rock formations and sea lions.





They finally dropped me on the beach itself. My guidebook said that it was one of the world's ten best beaches, and I don't doubt it. Uncrowded, surf the only sound, with towering sandstone and granite formations in striking relief to sand, sea, and sky. I arrived early, beat the rush, and claimed the shade beside a large boulder where I lounged away my last, warm hours in Cabo.




A rush of water taxi, land taxi, and plane has brought me to the familiar, stress-filled cocoon of LAX. But my brows are light, and I smell like sunscreen, and my hands feel like Cabo sand.

No comments: