My plane trip was from Paris directly to SFO.
Departure: 35 minutes late at 10:50am, Paris time.
Arrival: 80 minutes late at 2:15pm, San Francisco time.
Total flight duration: 12 hours, 25 minutes.
Length of my lanky body: 6 feet, 7 inches (or 2 meters if you're so inclined).
There are only three things to note about this trip in prose, then:
- I didn't really believe Dad when he talked about Charles de Gaul airport before the trip, but now I'm convinced. It's not just a bad airport. It's not just the worst airport that happens to exist right now. It's the worst of all possible airports. It's some kind of anti-Platonic form of an airport. But hey, I eventually got on my plane. :)
- Business or first-class seats have been a decadent luxury in my mind since I can remember. They were just a means for suckers to toss their money away. Honest, smart, frugal folk would never bother with them. However, I've decided that I'm an honest, smart, frugal guy who's taller than Michael Jordan, and the next time I fly across an ocean, you'll find me up front if there's any way I can afford it.
- Planes are still amazing. I was in Paris, France. And then 12 hours later I was in San Francisco, California. It's easy to forget that this is probably the greatest time and place in history to be alive.
1 comment:
Will,
Fantastic documentation of the sorted/sordid adventures. Nathan and I spoke, at length, about the events. However, you did a fantastic job of encapsulating the entire experience in the blogosphere. Thanks so much for posting this for all who were in FL, being deprived of any cultural awakening (unless you consider French-Canadian families of 30 on Hollywood beach, drinking bottles of Cristalino Rose sparkling wine and passing out while the fireworks were being shot into the Pacific from the beautiful Trump high-rises of North Miami). Anyhow, Happy New Year. I look forward to having the opportunity to introduce you both to Lucy and our meeting Lauren. Hope to see you sooner than later, amigo.
-Brady
Post a Comment